1. What is KiddyLearn?
KiddyLearn is a web platform with multimedia capabilities, dedicated to the early learning of young children. We aim to help busy, working parents achieve better learning outcomes for your little ones, by reducing the time-consuming hassle of researching, understanding and preparing proper teaching materials. We have done the difficult groundwork research into early childhood education, to bring to you effective teaching methodologies and systems in an easy-to-use website. Not only does our platform make it easier for you to engage in early teaching with your children, we let children learn much more effectively the right-brain way. In the process, we hope parents have more quality time to spend with your kids, bonding better with them as a result. Most importantly, simply enjoy being with your young ones . There is really no better environment for early learning than the unconditional love and acceptance from a parent.
2. How do I subscribe to an educational programme?
Start by clicking on the "Subscribe" button on the navigation bar, and follow the instructions accordingly. There are 4 basic steps in the subscription process. Once you have completed step 1, you will automatically gain access to a free trial lesson. Continue with steps 2 through 4 to select, subscribe and pay for a full-fledged programme package.
3. Are my credit card details safe?
Absolutely! We understand that the safety of your personal information is of utmost importance, so your credit card details will never be stored in our servers. All online transactions are done via PayPal, which has the best security and fraud prevention systems in place to help protect your credit card information. Learn more about PayPal security here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
4. What are the payment options?
Payments can be made online via PayPal. Depending on your country of residence, additional payment options like ATM transfer or online banking transactions may be offered.
5. What happens if I can’t complete a programme on time?
Each academic term of a programme typically consists of about 3 months’ worth of lessons. When you subscribe for a term, you will be given an extra month of free access, meaning a total access period of 4 months. If for any reason, you are unable to complete the stipulated curriculum within the access period, you may choose to extend your subscription period on a monthly basis at a low cost.
6. Can I extend the subscription period?
Yes, you can choose to extend the subscription period (acesss period) on a monthly basis at a low cost.
7. How do I extend the subscription period?
Go to “My Accounts”. Choose the subscription package you currently have, and click on the “Extend My Subscription” button. The process for extending and payment will be the same as subscribing to a new programme.
6. Can I cancel my subscription?
Yes, we have a 7-day money-back guarantee policy. If you choose to cancel your subscription within 7 days of purchase, we will be happy to refund your money back in full. No questions asked.
Please note that we are unable to process any refund requests after the 7th day.
7. What happens if I miss one day of lesson?
When you subscribe to a programme, you are given an extra month to complete the stipulated curriculum, not to mention that every programme comes with a certain number of rest days (no-lesson days). So, worry not if you should miss one or two lessons. Just proceed with the daily lessons as usual.
8. Is my subscription recurring or non-recurring in nature?
KiddyLearn offers non-recurring subscriptions for our programmes. You pay only once when you submit your payment details. Should you choose to extend your subscription, you will need to submit a payment request again.
9. My child does not pay attention to the lessons when I play them. What should I do?
Different children have different attention spans. Some may be able to focus over a longer period of time, whilst some are easily distracted. Choose a timing when your child is more alert, and a place where he or she has fewer distractions. Please do not force your children to have lessons when they are clearly not in the mood for any. Play the lessons only when your kid is in a receptive state of mind, and enjoy the process while you are at it. When you are having fun with your child, early learning occurs naturally and effectively.
10. My child keeps banging on the keyboard. How do I lock the keyboard?
There are a few ways to lock the keyboard, depending on what device you are using. Check out the following quick tips here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4925264_lock-keyboard.html
11. Why is the lesson taking a long time to play?
As our lessons are streamed over the internet, the speed at which our content loads will depend on the internet connectivity between your computer/device and our KiddyLearn server. However, we do recommend having a broadband internet connection for the best overall experience.
12. I can't get the lesson to play. What should I do?
We have developed our platform and lessons such that all major web browsers are supported, including IE9 and above, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
13. I can't login to the KiddyLearn website. What should I do?
Please check if you have keyed in your KiddyLearn registered email/password correctly.
14. I have forgotten my password. How do I retrieve/reset it?
Please click on "Forgot Your Password" on the top right corner of the home page and follow the instructions accordingly.
15. Where do I get technical support?
Please feel free to contact us via our online support form here, or email us at email@example.com.
16. Is the computer monitor bad for my child's eyes?
There is no concrete evidence that the use of computers or other digital devices will cause long-term damage to children’s vision. However, a few simple guidelines for safe and comfortable computer use by children should be practised:
- Invest in a good-quality and large monitor, so children can see the content on the screen better.
- Depending on the size of your computer monitor, position the monitor 1 to 1.5 times of an arm’s length away from the eyes, with a viewing angle of between 15 – 50 degrees below eye level.
- Reduce glare through the use of screen covers, lower lighting, and draw the curtains or blinds in the room. Should there be no curtains or blinds, position the monitor at a 90-degree angle from unshaded windows.
- Move and reposition the body as needed throughout each session
- Practise the 20/20/20 rule— After every 20 minutes of screen time, take a 20-second break and look at an object 20 feet (or 6 metres) away.
- Look out for signs of eye strain on your children, such as squinting and rubbing of the eyes.
Most importantly, ensure your child has a comprehensive eye examination every year.
17. What does a lesson look like?
18. What are the system requirements to run KiddyLearn?
KiddyLearn does not require any software installation. All you need is a computer or mobile device with internet access. As KiddyLearn uses some of the latest web technologies (like HTML5) for rendering the online lessons, newer browsers are required to view the lessons, such as :
- Windows: Firefox 6+
- Windows: Internet Explorer 9+
- Mac: Chrome
- Mac: Safari 5+
- Mac: Firefox 6+
If you do not have any of the above browsers, you may download the highly popular Chrome browser here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
19. Does KiddyLearn run well on iPad or Android tablets?
KiddyLearn has been tested to run well on iPad Safari browser and Android-based Chrome browser. However, some devices may face difficulties due to a lack of memory or if the device’s OS is not updated. Should you come across any difficulties, feel free to contact us at Support and we would be happy to help.